This is a great time in my life. Isn’t it? Let’s count the ways.
1. I’m in Philadelphia, actually getting paid decent money to direct a show I really, deeply care about (Killadelphia). And while I’m here, Sean Lewis and I are sharing a 3-story house in downtown Philly. (Right by the Italian Market.)
2. I found a couple of great coffee shops today. (Spruce Street Espresso and La Colombe Torrefaction).
3. Even though I’m out of town, my company is opening a fantastic new show (“Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice“) that looks destined to be our biggest hit yet.
4. Despite all this, we’re managing to turn in a big grant application tomorrow for a show I’m dying to talk about but really can’t yet.
5. My wife is starring in said Available Light show and doing fantastic work. maybe the best she’s ever done.
Well, now I’m tempted to just start listing all the stuff I love about my life right now. I won’t do that. Suffice to say, though, I’m very happy, and I’m realizing that I’m probably having one of those weeks that I’ll remember for the rest of my life. (Or maybe not. I am on only 2 hours of sleep, after all.)